Sunday, May 16, 2010

Stereo Speakers



Music for Andiamo.


After much thought and research I went with a PolyPlanar MRD 70.  The head unit mounts out of the way as you rarely need to access it.  I don't plan on using the CD feature much if at all.  In this case I mounted it in the cockpit locker and the controls were mounted in the old hole for the engine vent.  Just under the traveller and behind the tiller.


I ran a RCA to 3.5 mini input for the ipod, but will likely get the ipod integration system in the future.


I didn't want to cut the cockpit seats or mount them in the companionway bulkhead, andI wanted them out of the weather.

I mounted a set of bose out door speakers under a plank of AZEK that mounts to a bracket on the pushpit.


Picture the azek like a cutting board or shelf across the pushpit. I have a slotted bracket attached to the pushpit and the shelf has two bolts that slip through the bracket and a set of wingnuts to hold them tight. The top of the speaker shelf makes a great spot to grill or fish from.

Wires are run through a stern vent and I use a trailer plug to make it easily removable.

There is a second set that is mounted along vertical face under the berths port and starboard down below.


Here are the speaker pics.





No comments:

Post a Comment